There are a lot of generalist dietitians in Australia, but how do you find a dietitian who really excels in providing advice for specialist women’s issues such as breast cancer, fertility or PCOS? Our founder, dietitian Melanie McGrice, was regularly being asked that same question. So, she set out to find the best women’s health dietitians in the country and bring them together under one, easy to find brand.
We select our dietitians based on the following:
- 1. Clinical excellence – all of our dietitians are experts in their field
- 2. Compassion – sometimes women’s health issues can be very personal. All of our dietitians are trustworthy and compassionate
- 3. Experience – Nutrition Plus dietitians have the experience and understanding to have dealt with your situation before
- 4. Leadership – as leaders in their fields, Nutrition Plus dietitians often train other health professionals
- 5. Research & innovation – our dietitians contribute to the latest research so they are at the forefront of new knowledge.
What is a Dietitian?
An Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) has undertaken a university degree in dietetics, and has registered with the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA). APDs have to undertake regular professional development to ensure that they are up to date with the latest research, and have to comply with DAA's best practice guidelines and professional standards. APDs work closely with doctors and other health professionals, and are eligible to work hospitals as well as in a range of settings including food industry, government and private practice. APDs are eligible to register with Medicare, so that their clients may receive rebates. For more information see www.daa.asn.au
What makes us different ?
Nutrition Plus offers expert nutrition advice by our team of professional dietitians at a number of facilities around Australia. Nutrition Plus dietitians are invited to join the Nutrition Plus family due to their experience and reputation as the leader in a particular aspect of women’s nutrition. You can be assured that when you’re seeing a Nutrition Plus dietitian, that you are seeing one of the most experienced women’s health dietitians in the country.
Why work with us?
If you’re looking for a dietitian who focus on women’s health with experience and compassion, you’ve come to the right place! Our dietitian’s practice at a number of locations, have a range of specialist dietetic skills and have excellent success rates, so you’re sure to find someone who’s the right fit for your unique needs.